Monday, November 16, 2009

I Should Appreciate the Small Things, but I still wonder why!

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been watching Garrison run, walk, and watch TV. And I think his body is leaning more to the left everyday. But it doesn't seem to bother him at all. And unless your ME (The Mom) then people probably won't even notice. But now, I'm nervous about someone asking me have I noticed it. What will I say or how will I handle that? I'll probably just attempt to play it off in hopes that my Inlaws won't even notice. But the reality is, I do on occasion THANK GOD for the opporunity to love Garrison and to experience GOD at his best. I mean miracle after miracle I've seen, but yet, I'm still nervous about what's to come for him. And I always want everyday of his life to be perfect! And I realize they won't be, it's call LIFE. But I'm excited to see his little round face Christmas morning. But the funny thing is...I haven't been looking forward to the Holidays. But he keeps me in the mood.

I also have another son, Gabriel. And some days I pray that he know just how special he is to me as well. Even though his issues aren't as severe as his brother. Gabriel has always had to take the back burner and I regret that. So I've tried to over extend myself to make-up for lost time. We go on mom and son dates. And I let him stay up past his bedtime! And I can see that he feels my love, he has started to kiss me goodbye in the morning! But most importantly he tends to ask about my feeling. Mom are you happy, Mom are you feeling good, Mom I love you!

Gabriel & Garrison Mom ............

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that Gabe know you love him. He is a preteen so he is going thru an independant stage and wants to be his own person...even if he does do what others say! He is a great kid and one day he is going to be a great young man! And stop the dating! I'm pretty sure he gets embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for allowing me to share my story and release so many of my fears and to bless others in the struggle. GOD BLESS!